7.26.2011

Me? A Quilter?

Sometimes I look at my life and I am surprised that I am so into quilting. When I was younger, I had always balked against the idea of quilting or crocheting or knitting simply because I thought they were boring, lame crafts that only "old ladies" participated in. How very wrong I was! Luckily I grew up and have come to understand that quilting is a work of art and a way to really allow your creativity to shine.

My adventures with quilting started off as a side mention one day to my husband about how I though it would be interesting to learn how to quilt. And of course, being the great man that he is, my husband decided to surprise me with a sewing machine. The rest, as they say, is history.

Anyway welcome to Purple Panda Quilts - the place where I will share what it is like to be a quilter, designer, photographer and wife to a medical student all at the same time. I hope to use this blog to connect with all sorts of quilters that I know are out there, create some friendships, and bond over our love of fabric and creativity. In honor of starting my blog I would love to hear from you about how you started quilting.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on starting your blog! I am really looking forward to quilting with you in Sew Bee Blissful. :)