8.01.2011

Summer Fair 2011: Brick Quilt

Design: Based off Rachel's colorbrick quilt-a-long
Fabric: Various aqua/red prints from Just Wing it by Momo and other stash
Quilted: Machine quilted in the ditch
Completed: March 2011

I made this quilt for my sister's friend who had her first child. I thought this was a perfect quilt for a baby because it is so simple and cheerful. I chose to go with a simple stitch in the ditch style of quilting so it would emphasize the brick pattern on the back...and I adore how it came out. In fact the back might just be my favorite part.

I am linking this up to the gen x quilters summer quilt show.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

What a gorgeous creation! I just love aqua & red, and I like how you arranged the different values. The back is definitely cool.

AKing said...

how on earth do you piece the back like that & get it all lined up? I'm a fairly new quilter and haven't found good instructions about how to do this. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Debbie said...

Darling little quilt! Love the colors you chose!

AnneMarie said...

Fantastic quilt - love the brick path. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Summer Fair! AnneMarie
Sorry I'm so late to stop by.