1.05.2012

Fat Quarter Shop Bloggers Choice Bundle

Now if you were to know one thing about me it would be that I love pandas.

But if you were to know two things about me it would be that I love pandas AND I love fabric shopping/choosing what fabrics to use for my next projects.

One of my favorite shops to buy fabric at is the Fat Quarter Shop. Not only are they online (hello, buying fabric in my pajamas!) but they offer TONS of different fabrics from all sorts of my favorite designers. One of the best features of the shop is their Blogger's Choice Bundles. I love it because different bloggers put together a bundle of their favorite fabrics which the FQS then lets people like us sell. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I secretly really really want to contribute my own bundle to the FQS. In fact, I dare say if I get to do that it would be the highlight of my year.

So imagine my excitement when I learned that Quokka Quilts has teamed up with the Fat Quarter Shop to offer this awesome contest to design your own fabric bundle. The winner not only gets all the fabrics in their bundle BUT also gets to have it featured at the FQS. Swoon!

Of course I needed to start brainstorming ideas for what fabrics to choose.  I immediately knew I wanted to create a fun, bright quilt with a feeling of spring/summer to it. (Perhaps I'm longing for the warmer weather to get here already). Anyway. My thoughts first went to tangerine paired with a lime green. Then of course I wanted to contrast that with my favorite neutral gray. So with that in mind here's the bundle I created:




Fabric selections from top left to right:

1. Bella Solids Pistachio
2. Crazy Daisy Citron Tile
3. Bright Owl Lime Swirl
4. Yard Sale Grass Confetti Dots
5. Babysaurus Green Tiny Stripe
6. Mimosa Orange Chevron
7. Mimosa Light Orange Basketweave
8. Remix Tangerine Scatter Dots
9. Meet me at Sunset Orange Stained Glass
10. Bella Solids Amelia Orange
11. Remix Steel Argyle Plaid
12. Tuxedo Collection Gray Stripes
13. Citron Gray Dot n' Square
14. Citron Gray Quarter Dot
15. Bella Solids Etchings Slate


Now I will go cross my fingers and toes that I can win a set of these lovely fabrics in order to make a quilt out of them...otherwise I just might have to buy them and I have already used up my quilting money for the next few months...gotta love those after xmas sales! =)

3 comments:

Gill said...

I love the fabrics you've chosen!
Good luck in the giveaway!

Melissa said...

Wow! I love the grays and oranges together! Good luck :)

Laura said...

That's a well coordinated bundle! So glad you like the competition! Good luck!