1.29.2013

Real Life & Real Friends

I know that this is a quilting blog, but please bear with me for a moment while I depart for a minute from things quilting related.

As some of you may know, I started my masters degree at the beginning of the year. Getting to this point was rather difficult for me - I spent quite a lot of time trying to decide what I ultimately wanted out of my life. And like many people, I'm sure, I changed my mind many times. Thank goodness I have a patient husband! Anyway, when I finally made the decision to go back to school it was quite a change for me and my family...and has significantly cut into my sewing time. I was pretty nervous to start school because it has been awhile since I've actually had to spend my time studying and sitting in a classroom. Then when a stack of textbooks taller than me arrived in the mail I almost had a panic attack!

Luckily, I've had a ton of people in my corner. My family and friends have been super supportive as I begin this new journey. And I've realized that going back to school is very much like riding bike (assuming I knew how to ride one that is) - you never really forget. 

Anyway, one of these super awesome people is my great friend Melissa, who I know from participating in a few quilting bees together. She is such a source of strength and encouragement and was nice enough to send me this lovely notebook for me to use in my classes. It's perfect and obviously she knows how much I love purple and gray together!



So I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone for their love and support the past few months while I went back to school. You guys rock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyanna! Good Luck for your studies! That beautiful notebook surely helps you to enjoy your staying at school! x Teje

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you like it! You are wonderful and will do so well in school! Many hugs!!