1.16.2013

WIP Wed!

Happy Wednesday!

Like many of you, I have a ton of unfinished projects that are in desperate need of some love and attention. Therefore I have unofficially dubbed 2013 the year I clean out my unfinished project drawer(s).

The first project I want to work on is my x-marks the spot December quilt for do.good stitches. Here is a rough layout. I'm still waiting for a few blocks so I can piece it together. And I have a fun idea for the back, so I am going to start working on blocks for that. I'm really hoping to have the entire quilt finished by the end of Feb.



The second project that I want to work on (aka finish) is my rainbow strip quilt that the gals from the Quilts for Cancer bee helped me work on last year. I just need to decide on a layout and sew the top together, decide on what I want to do for a back, quilt it, bind it and get it on it's way to helping a cancer patient.Whew! I really want to finish it soon, but my goal is to have it finished by March.


I think that I will just share these 2 projects for now...lets try to be realistic here! =) Linking up to Lee's blog for WIP Wed.

14 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love both of your projects - so bright and colorful! I really like your colors in the x marks the spot quilt.

Cindy said...

I really like both of your projects. Looks like you are making wonderful progress.

Jessica Kelly said...

I'm loving both projects! I have a baby quilt in mind using that x layout, so great with those colors!

Elvy Crafts said...

Wow, both quilt tips look awesome. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great WiPs! They're going to be wonderful finishes. I'm looking forward to your "secret plan" for the back of that first one!

Anonymous said...

Great WiPs! They're going to be wonderful finishes. I'm looking forward to your "secret plan" for the back of that first one!

Gina said...

Beautiful projects!! Your thumbnail caught my eye at Freshly Pieced!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both your quilts... the ex marks the spot quilt is gorgeous. I am inspired to try this pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job on both quilts. Nice and bright!!

Ellie-Mae said...

Love that X marks the spot, may have to flatter you with imitation of that one.

Jenniffier said...

The colors for x marks the spot is so lovely. Good luck on your projects.

Sabrina said...

Both of those projects look great! I am very excited to see how they progress.

Tiffany said...

These both look realy great!

Tiffany said...

These both look realy great!