3.11.2013

I love a finish!

My friend is due to give birth to her first baby girl any day now so I had to take a break from my studies and make her a baby quilt. I have been inspired by all the heart and pixelated quilts I've seen around the blogosphere recently, so decided this was the perfect excuse to finally make one myself...only with my own twist.

We all know how much I love half square triangles and negative space so I decided to go with a pixelated heart using half square triangles in various shades of pinks and purples placed in the bottom right corner of the quilt. 


I think it worked nicely.

I used Kona Berry, Cerise, Bubble Gum and Dusty Peach with some Bella Solid Magenta to make the pixelated heart. The background is Robert Kaufman Natural linen - I love the feel and look of the linen. This was my first time using linen and it was a bit of a pain to cut and such since it stretched a lot, but it was worth it. The backing is some pink I had in my stash (love when that happens!) I quilted it in an all over stippling pattern using lavender thread. My favorite part is where I added some of each of the colors from the heart into the binding.





7 comments:

Anna said...

Gorgeous!!! Beautiful work!

Melissa said...

It is positively stunning!!! Congratulations!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Wonderful little quilt! I too like the scrap colors in the binding! I usually make the binding scrappy from the fabrics I used in the quilt. Love the backing color, it's so soft :)

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Absolutely gorgeous quilt! Love the colours and how you carried them over into the binding. Perfection!

Chelsie C said...

It's so adorable! Great job, I'm sure your friend will love it!

Jessica said...

Seriously gorgeous! I'm not one usually for pink but I'm obsessed with your quilt :)

Marta S. said...

SO awesome, Lyanna!! If I was your friend I would LOVE this.